Orthopedic mattresses are the best mattress for back pain. They are designed for the purpose of supporting the back, joints and the overall body. However, since there aren’t any official designation or standard that qualify and differentiate between mattresses which are orthopedic over others, one needs to consider certain factors before opting to purchase one.
5 Factors To Be Considered in a Quality Mattress
India provides its consumers the best mattress for back pain in various shapes and sizes. Here are 5 factors that you should note before purchasing a mattress for back pain:
1. Material Type- This is the first factor one must consider while buying a mattress for back pain. Material of a mattress determines how supportive it would be for your body.Modern spring mattresses often have innerspring cores made up of steel coils or springs. It is the gauge of the coils that determines how firm and supportive a mattress would be. It is the connection in between the coils that help to retain its shape. In many mattresses, fabric encasements preserve the shape of a mattress. Air filled bladder mattresses use air chambers in the place of springs for providing support. Air mattresses are useful for campers and are also good for medical uses. Waterbeds are mattresses
with water inside them rather than metal coils or air. Waterbeds are popularly used to support the spine and other body parts. Foam mattresses are generalNirlep Patelly made of either latex or memory foam. Foam mattresses achieve different comfort levels by varying the weight, thickness and formulation of viscoelastic or base foams. These types of mattress for back pain are good for relieving pressure on painful joints.
2. Overall Quality – One must consider the quality of a mattress before purchasing it. Several parameters help to determine the quality of the best mattress for back pain in India. These parameters are:
● Edge Support
● Firmness and Flexibility
● Distribution of pressure
● Skin microclimate
● User’s Comfort
3. Lifespan- Another factor one must take into account before purchasing a mattress for back pain is its lifespan or durability. Lifespan of a mattress means how long a mattress can retain its original comfort and support. A mattress with quality latex core or innerspring core can last more than 10 to 20 years. A majority of the best mattress for back pain in India, that are of high-end quality last for about 7 to 10 years depending on the amount of care taken.
4. Maintenance and Care- Even the best mattress for back pain are subject to wear and tear problems like staining, sagging and mildew. Orthopedic memory foam memory mattresses are therefore easy to maintain as they are dust resistant, helping to avoid respiratory issues. Protective fabric cover and a solid foundation help to maintain the firmness and support of the mattresses. Flipping and rotating the mattress at intervals also helps to maintain wear.
5. Cost Effective- As mattresses come in different shapes and sizes they have become cost effective and affordable with perks like 100 night trials, 10 years warranty and free shipping. Latex and memory foam mattresses for back pain have gained popularity as they are customisable and have a longer span of durability.
Our online store in India saves upto 70% of your cost on purchase of a mattress. Thus, making us manufacturers of the best mattresses for back pain in India.