We all know that sleep is essential to our physical and mental health. However, many people find themselves troubled, often deprived of quality sleep. So, they feel restless and sleepy during the day. As per the study, poor sleep can have adverse effects on your hormones, brain functionality, and exercise performance. It can even be the reason for weight gain and increase disease risk.
If you have been having trouble falling asleep during the night, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we will discuss three secret tips to sleep better at night.
- Create a Sleep-Inducing Bedroom
To fall asleep quickly and effortlessly, you should make your bedroom a comfortable and relaxing place. Usually, we all are aware of this, but still, we often overlook it. That is the main reason we face difficulties getting to sleep and sleeping soundlessly throughout the night.
Therefore, while designing your sleep environment, you should focus on maximizing your comfort zone and minimizing the distractions by incorporating the following tips.
- Use a High-Performance Mattress and Pillow
A top-quality mattress is critical to ensure that you are comfortable enough to relax. With a premium quality pillow and mattress like BIANCA Mattress, your spine will get appropriate support to avoid aches and pains.
- Choose Quality Bedding
Your bed sheets and blankets play a significant role in helping your bed feel inviting. So, you should invest in bedding that feels comfortable while touching.
- Avid Light Disturbance
Excessive light exposure can also affect your sleep. Therefore, you can use curtains over your window or a sleep mask over your eyes to block light and prevent it from interfering with your sleep.
- Cultivate Peace
Keep the noise level minimum. It will help you in building a sleep-positive bedroom. Use earplugs or headphones to stop annoying sounds from bothering you when you want to sleep.
- Introduce Pleasant Aromas
You can even use some essential oils with natural aromas like lavender. It can induce a calming effect and give a fresh smell to your bedroom.
- Optimize Your Sleep Schedule
It would be best if you take control of your daily sleep schedule to get better sleep. If you want to start harnessing your schedule, then try incorporating the following strategies.
- You should set up a fixed wake-up time and stick to it. It will help your body to get habituated to a healthy sleep routine.
- Ensure to get enough sleep each night by giving yourself some extra time to wind down and get ready for sleep.
- It would be best if you are careful with your naps. If you nap too long or too late in the day, it can affect your sleep schedule and make it harder for you to sleep at night.
- Craft a Pre-Bed Time Routine
Your poor pre-bed habits are a significant contributor to insomnia and other sleep issues. So, change it, and it will help you make yourself more relaxed and ready to sleep when bedtime rolls around.
- It would be best if you wind down all your activities at least 30 minutes before your bedtime. You can even listen to soothing music and do some relaxation exercise to take yourself into the right frame of mind for sleep.
- You must disconnect yourself from devices like tablets, cell phones, and laptops.
- To get a night of sound sleep, you should avoid bright light. It will help your body to produce melatonin hormone, which is necessary to get sleep.
In a nutshell, sleep plays a vital role in your health. As per the recent study, poor sleep can increase the risk of obesity by 89% in children and by 55% in adults. Therefore, following the above-discussed tips can help you in achieving optimal health and well-being.
So, take your sleep seriously. One of the best ways to enjoy a sound sleep at night is investing in a top-quality mattress. We, BIANCA Mattress, are one of the best mattress brands in India provides you ultra-premium mattresses at affordable prices.