You have probably heard all about memory foam mattresses being the next big thing in the mattress world. There are many claims about how it helps you sleep like a baby and alleviates body pain. But is the hype surrounding memory foam mattresses worth it? Definitely! Let’s find out how.
- It moulds according to your body: The best part about a memory foam mattress is that it feels like a customized bed, just for you. Since it is viscoelastic, it perfectly moulds as per the contours of your body when you lie down on it. It sinks just the right amount and adjusts itself to support your curves. Its body conforming feature takes the pressure off your joints and allows you to sleep in a comfortable position all night long. A memory foam mattress is a true body fit that makes it better than other standard mattresses.
- It promotes good posture: The memory foam mattress evenly distributes your body weight and ensures that your spine is in a neutral position. It is not ‘’too soft’’ or ‘’ too firm’’. This allows the rest of the body to be in perfect alignment and prevents any body ache or soreness in the morning. It also offers additional lumbar support.
- It is temperature sensitive: Another unique feature of the memory foam mattress is its temperature sensitivity. This means that it can adjust itself according to the changes in your body temperature. If your body heat increases, it becomes softer and vice versa. This ensures that you sleep uninterruptedly through the night.
- Ideal for all sleeping positions: Whether you sleep on your back, your stomach or on your side, the memory foam will adjust as per your sleeping position. As it takes the body's shape, it does not pressure a certain body part. So if you fall asleep in your preferred position, you no longer have to worry about your lower back hurting the next morning.
- It provides motion transfer resistance: You know how annoying it can be to interrupt your sleep because the person next to you is constantly tossing and turning on the bed. If you share a bed with someone, you can solve this problem by investing in a memory foam mattress. Limited motion transfer is one of its key features where it can absorb energy and minimize a person’s movements on the bed. As a result, your sleep won’t be disturbed even if the person next to you rolls over or flops around.